[HFbeacons] BEACONS: Back At Work With The Mobile

  • From: "W. Keith Hibbert" <wkhibbert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 10mprop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 16:29:31 -0400

Hi, Keith here in Amherst, NY

I had to go to a new construction site today, the task was 'Witness and Verify" which allowed me to observe the goings on from the cab of the truck. No excuse not to so I took the rig.

First of, a new one for me, copied all morning and still coming in here:

28.2397  N4LEM - Cocoa, FL

The signal started out on 28.2400 MHz and either my rig moved or the beacon moved, this afternoon I was copying it on 28.2397 MHz

Next, I copied KB2SEO, but I copied it for 5 minutes on a different frequency:

28.2280  KB2SEO - Copied from 1402Z - 1407Z and then it dropped o ut.

Two possibilities occur, the rig got bumped and Drew put it back or the rig went wandering and Drew shut it off. Either way, I did not copy anything on 28.228 or 28.238 for the rest of the day.

I will have a complete list a bit later, I actually have to type up something for WORK first, long time since this has happened, hi!

73, Keith, WB2VUO
Amherst, NY: Grid FN02ox