[HUG ] Re: SV: Body Castings......

No arguments here..... what I said was castings... the bare metal
blocks.....  They would then be machined to final dimensions and threads,
etc added.... by another process step

Frank Filippone
Red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Frank,

I don't believe this is right.

Well 30 years ago I worked for a company selling advanced milling machines
for components for the F-16 weapons program here in Norway.  One of these,
for it's time, very advanced American numerical milling machines were also
sold to Hasselblad back then.  Just for the miling of the camera bodies, I
was told.  Quite a few other Swedish companies bought such machines and had
similar capabilities.

Back then, this type of machines were 'restricted' for export only to
countries friendly to USA.  - They could be used for milling very accurate
and advanced submarine propellers.  One such machine did indeed end up in
the Sovjet Union, though, but not through us.  Guess some of you remember
all that.

Tom of Oslo