[HUG ] Re: On the subject of equipement cost

  • From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:29:08 -0700

And just who do you think can afford a $5K to $8K camera body, other than
pros that can write it off?   A few rich amateurs?  Very Few?

Some of us have financial obligations. like house payments, car payments,
medical payments or insurance payments, child support payments, or ( heaven
forbid) alimony payments.

The world really is NOT flush with disposable income magnates..much as the
world marketing organizations want you to believe otherwise......

Frank Filippone

red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm not sure what being married has to do with it, I am  And if you want the
latest and greatest all the time it's gona cost you. IMO it'll be a few
years to out grow this back and if I need more megapixels I know I'll need
newer lenses.  This will probably be the biggest back I put on the V system,
after this I think I'll need to move to the H system. BTW a new CFV goes for
$9000,  A new H3DII 31MP kit can now be had for  $17,000 and the Used H3D
39MP Kit's go for about $18,000.  These can be had on a lease/purchase so
it's not out of reach for most people, it's no different than a D3 at $5000
or a 1DsMkIII at $8000.  As for output I'm printing 16bit on a Canon IPF6100
it's far superior to lightjet output.

Franc