[HUG ] B Setting on P30 back with 503CW

Thank you for the advice re: B setting. It's indeed a defective lens. I am
renting a 50/CFi lens locally and it works fine.... until the B setting:

****
I am having trouble with the 503CW and a P30 back (not the P30+). The images
are fine all up to 1 sec (or at least after I found a lens without lens
shutter issue with low speed). However, with B, first, it always terminates
no more than after 5-6 secs even if I hold the shutter release down longer,
and second, it never seems to obtain an image.

I have checked the B setting does hold the lens shutter open by removing the
back and raising the mirror so I can see through the iris. The lens shutter
seems to operate as it should.

I tried two different sync cables with the same result. I also tried raising
the mirror and again the result is the same.

Any idea? I know the P30 back doesn't do as low light as the P30+, but it's
almost like hardly any light is admitted.

Thanks.

--
// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/>
replies in your msgs. ]