[hashcash] Fwd: Mentor needed

  • From: "Eric S. Johansson" <esj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 02:34:29 -0400

What I sent

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Mentor needed
Date:   Fri, 15 Apr 2011 23:33:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:   esj <esj@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:     mozilla-labs <mozilla-labs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

a few of us on the hashcash mailing list were talking about how we
could add proof of work postage systems at the client end.  We are
willing to do the work necessary for this effort but we're kind of
like the joke about the bachelor backwoodsman[1] and can't figure out
how to get started.  We could use a mentor to help us get oriented and
help with solving some of the problems that we may encounter.

If there is someone available to help us, please let me know or join
the hash cash mailing list hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and start up a
conversation.

For those with long memories, this kind of request has been made a few
times over the years but we never pushed hard asking for the kind of
help we needed. So, we really want to make this happen, we also really
need the help to get started.

--- eric

[1] the joke about the bachelor backwoodsman has him complaining to
another backwoodsman about how he can't make anything from these fancy
cityfolk recipe books. After all, they'll start out with "take a clean
plate" and that stops him right there. We do need a bit of help
getting past our equivalent of a clean plate.