[handiham-notify] Friday News & Audio from Handihams

  • From: <Patrick.Tice@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <handiham-notify@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 13:13:49 -0500

Greetings, Handiham members!

I hope you had a pleasant week.  We are back again this Friday with your new
audio links from the Handiham program.  Today we have the October magazine
Daisy digests.  We also have direct links available for our audio lectures
for Tech, General, and Extra.  The new Technician lecture this week is about
antennas and feedlines, then there is a review or the questions we covered
in recent lectures.  In addition we have a special treat for you:  Jim,
KJ3P, reads from the April, 1920 - yes, I said 1920 - QST magazine and an
article by "The Old Man" himself, Hiram Percy Maxim, the founder of ARRL.
The essay expertly recorded by Jim is entitled "Rotten Weather Relays", in
which The Old Man bemoans the problems of relaying messages by Morse code in
the early part of the 20th Century.

Here is your direct link to our audio offerings this week:

http://handiham.org/local/blind/audio_this_week.htm

Before we go, I want to also alert you to the latest October Events column
on the Handiham website.  Written each month by Laurie, N1YXU, it covers
upcoming on the air events:
http://www.handiham.org/drupal2/node/361

You may email me at any time with questions or to change your email
delivery.

73 and have a great weekend!

Pat - wa0tda

Regards,

Patrick Tice, M.A. . Handiham Coordinator
Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute, part of Allina Health
Phone: 612-775-2290
Patrick.Tice@xxxxxxxxxx

Mail Route 78003 . 3915 Golden Valley Road . Golden Valley, MN 55422

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
contains confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized
disclosure, copy or distribution of this information is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete
this e-mail.