[haikuware-tya] Re: Candidates for 12th TYA

So I think I may have messed this up.

I was reading through other posts about the TYA and it appears that we were
requiring a response to include people in the poll.

The email I sent the candidates didn't ask for a reply unless he wanted to
be excluded. I think, at least to keep with the previous procedure, we/I
should resend the messages and ask for a reply.

In this case the only person I heard back from was Francois Revol.

The article I am referring to is the one for the 10th award which states the
following:

"*note - Jorge G. Mare wasn't included in this pole due to our new rule; we
now ask each candidate whether or not they'd like to participate. If they
decline, or no answer was received, then they aren't included."

Unfortunately I am going to be away from my computer for the next couple of
days so I won't be able to send out the messages. This would mean pushing
back the award a few days so we can have at least 5 days for voting.

What do you guys think? I don't think it will cause a problem to push it
back. I know Karl is on vacation and I am too at this point so my computer
access will be sporadic at best.