[haiku] [wifi] make setwep an optional package?

  • From: luroh <lurohh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 22:56:04 +0200

Hi,

DraX on IRC has made this nifty little command line tool called
'setwep', which lets you join an unencrypted or WEP encrypted wifi
network.
setwep works with 64- and 128-bit WEP and supports both text keys as
well as hex digit keys.

The usage is:
setwep device_path ssid [key]

setwep is written in C, is gcc agnostic and is derived from:
http://www.theshell.com/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=freebsd-src.git;a=blob;f=sbin/ifconfig/ifieee80211.c;h=6cb4d2c7ac6a068b558cc3aed9d9863b793b216e;hb=HEAD

mmadia has made a script to build it and I have tested setwep with
gcc2 and gcc4 Haiku builds, unencrypted, 64- and 128-bit WEP wifi.

DraX suggested that he'd like to see the setwep functionality
integrated into ifconfig at some point, but for now that is up in the
air.

I suggest we make setwep an optional package and ship it with the
nightly builds. Thoughts?

- luroh