[openbeos] Re: walter / new name

  • From: Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 14:33:26 +0100

On 2002-11-08 at 14:27:11 [+0100], openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> How about calling it Mystzplick then? really, if the parameter you use to
> decide if you will run an OS is that name it has, you have serious
> problems with the current offerings. I, personally, prefer to use the OS
> that fits me bst, not with the best name. Let's face it, BeOS is not
> exactly an incredible name... It is just that we are used to it.

I agree entirely with this but the problem with jokes is that not everyone
gets them! The last few comments have been getting a little personal and I
suggest that all further discussion of names be carried out off-list. It
would be ridiculous for name-calling to start because of, err, a name.

To paraphrase an American president who didn't suffer from verbal
incontinence: "It's not the name, it's the performance, stupid!"

Charlie