[openbeos] Re: unix software without tears

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 19:58:07 +0200 CEST

Hi everyone!

Wow this thing is huge, but the bulk of it is package metadata.

I think it would be a misstake to make everyone have a full
pkgsrc tree on their Haiku partition, but it's probably great
as a build factory for making binary packages that could
then be distributed as is, or wrapped by some Haiku-native
package system. I'm hoping it's possible to have only the tools
for use with binary packages, without necessarily having
all of pkgsrc, but I haven't looked into it yet.

Is anybody working on bootstrapping pkgsrc on BeOS?
I've made a little progress, but I'm stuck right now.

So far I've added a BeOS case to the boostrap script,
and hacked two files (dirent.h and arch.c) which didn't
compile on BeOS.

At the moment I'm stuck on the tnftp tool not compiling
due to the configure script not finding inet_ntop / inet_pton,
thus not defining HAVE_INET_NTOP and friend, ending up with
duplicates - tnftp local ones and the ones from BeOS.

I would be very happy to get some help on how to make
the tnftp configure script properly realize that BeOS does
have inet_ntop / inet_pton and defining HAVE_INET_NTOP and
HAVE_INET_PTON. (Using AC_SEARC_LIB, perhaps?)

(If anybody wants to take on all of pkgsrc and do it right,
unlike some of my monkey typing, that could work too. :)

TIA,
/Jonas.