[openbeos] Re: unix software without tears

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 18:50:48 -0500

On 4/2/06, Jonas Sundström <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[a lot of good answers snipped]

> A good thing. :)

For what it is worth I'm pretty satisfied with your answers to my
questions as well as to some of the other concerns raised by other
people. I think it would be worthwhile to investigate how to add Haiku
and/or BeOS R5 to the list of supported pkgsrc platforms. Hey if the
Windows Interix system can be supported, BeOS/Haiku can't be that
hard, even with some of the missing features in R5 (sockets as fds,
etc.)

Let's just make sure we integrate it nicely based on the previously
raised concerns. I've heard quite a few complaints about some of the
Mac OS X systems for doing this (Fink especially), so it certainly has
some risk of becoming a wart on the Haiku platform.

But I know we all want to best in the end, so I say go for it.

Ryan