[openbeos] Re: suggestions: iconv.h, libiconv, and iconv

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 02:54:40 +0200 CEST

"Ingo Weinhold" <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Anyway, if we don't have a special directory for
> > libtextencoding.so,
> > but use kits/support for that, I would put iconv in that directory
> > as
> > well if it is to be part of libtextencoding, or kernel/libroot/
> > posix
> > if it's part of libroot.so, and libs/ if it's going to be an extra
> > library - even if I would really dislike the latter, for the
> > reasons
> > explained earlier.
> Having it in a separate dir should make incorporation of updates
> easier, I suppose. Haven't had a look at the library yet, though (if
> it's only one file, then it wouldn't really be worth it ;-).

I actually meant to put it in an "iconv" subfolder for the directories
mentioned above :-)

On a different note: I think I don't like the libtextencoding.so stuff
in kits/support. I think I would rather see it in libs/textencoding. I
would prefer to have only those stuff in support/ which actually is
part of libbe.so, dunno what else is there.
How's that?

Adios...
   Axel.