[openbeos] Re: spelling?

  • From: "Karl vom Dorff" <haikubounties@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 20:06:27 -0500

I don't understand what the problem is, I'm trying to help.

I've identified several bugs in Haiku, and I consider this just another bug.

Yes, the website is beautiful, yes Haiku the OS is beautiful! Praises all around...

You ask me to help after basically berating me and telling me I only see the bad. I'm critical, that's just the way I am. Better to be critical than silent, at least now it will get fixed.

Anyways, yes I do volunteer and maintain an unrelated non-profit website myself. I will look Haiku's website over and let you know if I see anything else (as long as I don't get scolded!). If there's anything I should look at before publishing let me know.

Also, now for some more negativity (I guess as you see it), where is the donation component of the site? Shouldn't there be a module on the front page for this? I realize from what I've read in the mailing list that the website is still incomplete, but I figured after waiting this long it would be more or less finalized.

Karl

From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [openbeos] Re: spelling?
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 16:35:19 -0800

Hi Karl,

Karl vom Dorff wrote:
Oh, I understand now.

I just looked at the new web page and it's the first thing that jumped out at me.

Oh! You seem to have the unique ability to filter out the good and see only the bad.

I didn't really look, but I hope there aren't more mistakes.

If you are so concerned, why not take the time to *really* look and help us fix what may be wrong? This is a community collaborative effort after all.

To me, nothing bothers me more than seeing a professional website with spelling or grammatical errors. Perhaps a native English speaker could double-check official Haiku announcements, or anything that ends up on the front page.

Do you volunteer?

I know it's a collaborative effort, but I hope that Haiku will take more care in this regard. I'm already having flashbacks of Zeta's website!

Very touching compliment. Those of us who spend a lot of time on helping out Haiku really appreciate your words of encouragement.

Cheers,

Koki

From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 17:25:08 -0500

On 1/27/07, Karl vom Dorff <haikubounties@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
oh, well why is it alternative? the way it is now doesn't really make sense.

Yes I agree with you, the image needs to be changed.. When I said alt
I meant the alt attribute in the img tag used in the HTML. It has the
correct English and I think the image should be changed to match.

Ryan

Buy what you want when you want it on Sympatico / MSN Shopping http://shopping.sympatico.msn.ca/content/shp/?ctId=2,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=081805