[openbeos] posix compliancy issues

Hello, list.

I'm not sure this report pertains to Haiku at all, but I can't check as Haiku doesn't to my knowledge host gcc so I can't check.

Whilst compiling a library written in C on BeOS R5, I noticed some functions were missing which prevented it from building. The library (corelib - http://coreland.ath.cx/cgi-bin/x.cgi?m=list&r=src/corelib) compiles cleanly on a host of POSIX-compliant operating systems with no checking for environment at all, but alas BeOS is not one of them.

I for one thing Haiku should be as POSIX-compliant as possible, if nothing else then to ease porting of string handling libraries that don't do buffer overflows :)

The functions, fchmod and fchdir, are outlined here:

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/fchdir.html
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/fchmod.html

Also, BeOS failed to handle a trailing backslash in shell scripts, which run cleanly in sh on other platforms. One a two line file where the last line ended in a backslash, cc would complain about an unexpected end of file on a non-existant third line. I don't know where this error lies (probably the shell), though, nor it exists on Haiku.

n.