[openbeos] Re: on SoftwareValet for OBOS

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 23:56:47 +0100

Hi,

>This doesn't necessarilly have to be true.  The package could also
contain data
>regarding what dependencies it has.  Have the package management
system check to see if
>they've been installed, and if they're not, to automatically download
and install them.

Agreed. But we were talking of SV, which hasn't got such a thing. I was
simply warning about the current state of software installers in BeOS,
because AFAIK there isn't a single tool for BeOS which handles this.
Except for Staller, some code on bebits.com which could be used as a
base for such a system is OpenBeOS :)

Regards,

Ithamar.