[openbeos] Re: on SoftwareValet for OBOS

  • From: "Helmar Rudolph" <helmar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:30:20 +0200

Just my 0.02. Installation is easy. The problems I have
encountered on both Windows and BeOS come in when you want
to _uninstall_ software, and for that one needs a dead-easy
and comprehensive solution.

One thing I have always wondered about is if an icon/link is
placed on the desktop, why the context-menu has no option
called "uninstall". Would be the most intuitive way. Even
better, if you "delete" a link associated with a binary, it
invokes the uninstaller rather than just deleting the file.

This, IMHO, is the simplest, most intuitive and most logical
way to handle it, and as it's logical, it can't be rocket
science to actually code it.

Helmar

--
Sonork S.R.L. |  Professional Instant Messaging Software
Fast, secure, stable, powerful, easy to use, and frugal!