[openbeos] Re: on SoftwareValet for OBOS

  • From: "zoe" <zoefly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 22:30:24 GMT

>My mother barely found www.nbc.com on her own the other night! You
think she
>could install Linux? You think she knows WTF Linux is? I had a hard
enough
>time getting her to use Windows after years of Mac OS. (first Mac she
used -
>System 6.0.8) She still can't find her rear from a hole in the ground
in
>Windows... I suspect it's more of a mindset than anything, but she
won't
>adapt. She dosen't want to, and there's no way she'd handle a
Kickstart
>installation either. The installation she might make it though... but
after
>that... it'd be nothing but bi$ching.
>
>-Bryan

I am with your mother...I have really tried with Linux.. I have had my
linux buddy install 8-10 different distributions. I believe its an
excellent
OS but I get my mind hits a impentrable brick wall when it comes to
ever getting to grips with it. The great beauty of BeOS is that it was
and
is the most friendly user friendly system. However as an ex refuge from
windupows I have never managed to understand the Terminal.  Like
most average users i really need a friendly front end over the fabulous
workings below.

Zoe
I am still banging those rocks together