[openbeos] Re: on SoftwareValet for OBOS

  • From: "Manuel Jesus Petit de Gabriel" <freston@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 20:14:32 -0800

> I know what he was saying.
> Is it now necessary to see the source to be able to argue if or not a
> design decision is the right one ? That's a new one to me.

It's not necessary but helps a lot. Also most of those arguments against
BONE were not very sound. The only good one was the unstabilities in
the early versions... but it was usually accompained with rants about
how BONE was breaking the microkernel design of BeOS... and those
ranting about really did not know what they were talking about, since
BeOS is not a microkernel.