(no subject)

  • From: "Andrew Edward McCall" <mccall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenBeOS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 18:25:04 PST

Hi All,

I checked in a new version of Keyboard Preferences last night.

Although its functionally the same as the one released with the first
OpenBeOS Pre-Alpha Patch + fixes, the code is much nicer. Here are the
changes from Readme.txt :

+Re-written the program!
+The code now fits OpenTracker guidelines.
+Most of the work is done in Window and Application as it should be,
and I have made much better use of BeOS's messaging features.
+The KeyboardSettings class is tidier, with it only doing settings
work, rather than window positioning too (Can you believe I put that
code in there?? :) )
+KeyboardView is derived from a BBox rather than a BView thanks to
Philippe Houdoin for that one :)
+Added a makefile for all you command line junkies out there.

I was hoping a few people could test it for me so I can chase any bugs
down.

Here is a link to the binary, for all those to lazy to build form cvs
:)

http://www.h2o.demon.co.uk/OpenBeOS_Keyboard_Preference_Panel_Beta3.zip

Hmmm... I better start to fix the Mouse one now......

Thanks

Andrew Edward McCall
mccall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
--