[openbeos] Re: news: development mailing list, distro guidelines

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 17:49:01 +0200

On 5/22/07, Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Anyway, I give up. I will just tell the JPBE.net guys that if they want
to have proper support for Japanese, they are on their own, and they
will have to create their own distro.

Jorge, please. :)
Why don't you tell them that we're happy about their efforts to bring
Haiku to the Japanese community and that we would like to support
their efforts, but instead of a patched solution we'd like to ask them
if they could try to find a way to improve their patches such that
they could be committed to our repository? I'd be really surprised if
it were absolutely impossible to have a nice patch that works for all
languages.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald