[openbeos] Re: need help, file copying problems! (fwd)

  • From: "Ben Allen" <CommdrSozo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 13:29:22 -0500 CDT

Does the error happen at close the to the same number of files (or
bytes of data) everytime?  If so, you may want to try backing up your
data in 4 or 5 parts, and let the system rest for a bit in between.
Example, I think I remember you saying that it fails around 5000 files,
try making several backups of around 3000-4000 files each with a 3-5
min cooldown in between.  I experienced similar problems when copying
more than around 64MB from CDROM->IDE drive, and it worked if I copied
in small chunks and gave it a chance to rest in between.  Why letting a
computer rest helps anything is beyond me, but all I know is it worked
for me :)

-Ben