[openbeos] Re: makehdimage and jam fail on pristine checkout of r14105

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 12:52:44 +0200

On 2005-09-03 at 16:01:09 [+0200], Ville Koskinen wrote:
> I'm not entirely sure if I'm doing something wrong here, but I checked out
> the Haiku trunk using
>
> svn co svn://svn.berlios.de/haiku/haiku/trunk
>
> Then I ran configure:
>
> ./configure --target=haiku
>
> When I tried running makehdimage or jam in the top level directory, both
> fail after compiling about 30 kernel files. The log is around 3 kilometers
> long, so I don't think it's wise to post it here, but I have it on my WWW
> space:
>
> http://w-ber.ormgas.com/tmp/makehdimage-error.log
> http://w-ber.ormgas.com/tmp/makehdimage-log.log

The first error looks like you're not using the right gcc
(http://www.bebits.com/app/4011) or haven't installed it completely
(including STL headers).

> If I descend two or three levels into the directory tree and jam, it works
> just fine. However, going manually through every directory feels kind of a
> chore.

Those "missing ..." errors are a known problem when running makehdimage in
a pristine checkout. You don't have to jam in all subsubsubdirectories
manually, though. It usually is sufficient to build a few of the larger
things explicitely ("jam kernel", "jam libbe.so",...). Retry makehdimage
and, if it still fails, build some more. It shouldn't be that long after it
runs through.

Anyway, this might be a jam bug or maybe something peculiar about our build
system. I'm currently renovating the build system and, if the problem still
occurs after that, I'll try to hunt it down.

CU, Ingo