[openbeos] Re: joe - haiku ports

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 18:18:19 +0200

Am 19.08.2008 um 18:01 schrieb Nick:

> There's also places where I've seen configure scripts check for
> -lsocket, but BeOS needs -lnet, and Haiku needs -lnetwork. Here's one
> such case:

http://ports.haiku-files.org/browser/haikuports/trunk/media-libs/libcddb/libcddb-1.3.0-haiku.diff?rev=124

Haiku already has symlinks for libnet, libbind, libsocket
libnet.so->libnetwork.so
libbind.so->libnetwork.so
libsocket.so->libnetwork.so

So, any configure script, which is run on Haiku, that looks for one of these should still work correctly. ( will redirect to libnetwork.so ). ie: script can go unchanged and still work though the right way is to update it to use libnetwork on Haiku.

No. You are making wrong assumptions there or haven't tried it out recently. The symlinks only exist for runtime libraries, not during compilation. Without local hacks, linking to libnet will fail. Linking to libnet is not what you want anyway because at runtime it puts the library (or even the system?) into R5 compatibility mode!

We've done a number of ports already, so if Scott says Haiku needs - lnetwork trust him. :)

Andreas