[openbeos] Re: hiring programmers

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 03:19:03 -0500

>If the enphasis of the project would be more on having fun and not on
>getting the job done on time, with lesser direct responsibilities for the
>developpers, instead of getting assigned to wathever, people would be more
>inclined to try out helping with OpenBeOS.

I am a bit confused, here.
I have not heard from *ANY* developer that there is too much pressure or
responsibility.
In fact, most of the active developers have yelled at me for not doing enough
project management stuff and going too easy on them.
No one has ever been assigned to anything unless they have told me that they
didn't care what they worked on.

>Because then people could TRY to take something from the list and if it
>amounts to something donate it and if it doesn't well let something else
>give it a go.

Anyone is free to do that. If you know something to the otherwise, let's take
it up in private email and get the situation resolved. :-)

Michael