[openbeos] Re: hello world...

"Marius Soutier" <spybreak@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I today downloaded the BeBook, maybe I can learn from it. Please tell
> me where I can start.

The BeBook is a great resource when you develop something, but it might
be not the right thing if you want to get a simple overview first.
Perhaps the sources mentioned by Alex can provide this thing better :-)

> I have absolutely no experience with low level programming, so I
> suggest application
> design. Or teach me how to do kits, and then I'll do it. Next four
> weeks I work and so have
> more time to program, because I don't have to learn for university.

There are a lot of applications that come with the BeOS that we want or
will have to do again. Things like DiskProbe, Expander, ...
IIRC that area is covered by the Preferences Team, if that would
interest you.

Adios...
   Axel.