[openbeos] Re: general update tool idea

  • From: Linus Almstrom <linalm-7@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 21:08:41 +0200

I can understand the reason for having a gui app for users
that are not familiar with a shell, but constructing a new
system for which cvs is well suited I cannot understand.
I'd rather see a gui for cvs/make which would use less
bandwidth than the semi-binary approach, but both systems
will ofcourse be possible to have side by side.

The only real benefit from the semi-binary system, as I
see it, is that it does not need to rely on either
Jam or make, which ofcourse is a nice benfit GUI-wise.

Regards

/Procton