[haiku] Re: freebsd network drivers

  • From: Olivier Cortès <olive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 22:42:09 +0100

I personnaly have worked with freebsd as system administrator since v4.2
and until v5.x. I know some of the drivers, and approximately which are
pci and/or ISA.

Eventually I could help identifying them.

at a glance, if memory serves my right, I can say that :
* "xl" is the 3com PCI driver used for most 10/100 adapters,
* "fxp" is the Intel one for 10/100 PCI adapters.
* "hme" is the Apple network card used on PPC (g4 & g5).

If you want I can make a more complete research, and focus on drivers
dealing with PCI and PCIexpress cards, or whatever the needs are. Just
tell me, this won't be difficult to me, I'm at ease with FreeBSD, and
this won't require my (currently little and slow) C++ skills ;-)

regards,

Olivier