[haiku] Re: freebsd network drivers

  • From: "Zenja Solaja" <solaja@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 12:14:57 +1100

Time out.

I just hate seeing such short non-descriptive names.  You can see the
mechanical teletype origins of BSD systems.  Back then when operating a
keyboard provided a similar physical workout as weight lifting in a gym, it
was a pain to type any character, hence why they have such short commands
and file names ...  and that legacy lives on.  It's no different from modern
high speed rail gauges having the same width as 2 horses backsides ...  Or
driving on the left side of the road in British territories since we dont
want to accidently jab someone with our swords attached to the left side of
our waist.  Or boats travelling along the right side of the river ...
 Anyway, you get the idea.

And now we return to your regular scheduled program ...