[openbeos] Re: donations again

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 09:02:31 +0200 CEST

Shane Moore <Shane.Moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would just be content with receiving an acknowledgement of thanks
> via a
> private email to say that the money was successfully received. I had
> given a
> donation about a year ago, and now was sort of just waiting to see if
> it appears
> on the 2006 financial statements (which I assume may appear soon on
> the web page
> where the 2005 and 2004 ones are).

I think such a confirmation mail is really the least we should do. IMO
the whole donation and financial stuff has been neglected way too much
in the past - but if we can't find trusted "new blood", I doubt we'll
be able to change it. At least Michael seems to have other priorities.
If we don't find anyone dedicated to do that job, I would suggest that
we alternate some of the things Michael has to take care of on ie. a
monthly basis in our admin group (at least between those who agree to
do it). At least I could imagine this to work much better overall.
At least I find the status quo not really acceptable for us anymore.

Bye,
   Axel.