[haiku] Re: building cross tools

  • From: Thomas Stover <cts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 17:40:27 -0500

On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 14:05:39 +0200
"Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Haiku's include files aren't copied to the compiler directory. Use
> the ones from headers/ (config/, posix/, and os/ at least).
> Alternatively look at the build/scripts/build_cross_tools[_gcc4] and
> modify them to your needs.
>
> CU, Ingo

I tried some more today to build a hello world C program. First I tried
it inside the anyboot image running on qemu, which worked fine. Back
with the cross compiler, I finished compilation with

-I ./headers/posix/ -I ./headers/os/

but I still can't link. Based on error output I copied these files into
my working directory: crti.o  crtn.o   init_term_dyn.o  start_dyn.o
When I specified the full path to these files it fails, but having them
in the same directory seems ok. Anyway the last error seems to be

./haiku/generated.x86gcc4/cross-tools/lib/gcc/i586-pc-haiku/4.6.2/../../../../i586-pc-haiku/bin/ld:
cannot find -lroot

Any ideas?

--
www.thomasstover.com