[openbeos] Re: bounties for the new website...

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 17:36:52 +0200 CEST

> Here are some suggestions for bounties:
>
>     NFS

We do have NFSv2 around.
I fixed the net_server version and ported it to BONE, with a
compatibility socket header so it should be easy to add calls for Haiku
when it's possible.
I can put it in SVN whenever needed.
I also plan on writing an NFSv4 as v4 allows for extended attributes
and other goodness.

>     SMB

Maybe Magnusoft will be able to help with that... who knows =)

> Scanning application
>     Maybe Sanity could be acquired

Sanity is available under MIT licence IIRC, at least Philippe gave me
his latest source some time ago, I used it to make the SANETranslator
for Zeta.
I'll probably put that one in svn someday soon. It needs some polishing
anyway, as Philippe was in the middle of a rewrite of the GUI.

> SANE port
>     Or is this already up to date? In that case, could it be
> included?

I sent the patch for the latest Zeta port I made to the sane-devel
mailing list months ago, it should still apply (actually most of it
should now be in the official tree).

We might not want to add SANE to SVN as it already has a public repos,
I don't like forking stuff.
We can probably provide external scripts or makefiles to cvs co &&
configure && make && zip.
I actually integrated it into Zeta's build system once so it's
possible.
Some kind of "haiku-ports".

You'll probably get other ideas on my next blog entry as well.

François.