[openbeos] Re: bounties for the new website...

  • From: "Fredrik Ekdahl" <fekdahl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 06:21:41 -0700 (PDT)

> I've come under some criticism for not suggesting new bounties for
> the new
> system that will come in place at Haiku.
>

> Please offer some suggestions and research.
>
> Karl

Here are some suggestions for bounties:

File system drivers for (one bounty per file system of course)
    NTFS
    ext3
    ReiserFS (one seems to already be written, http://www.bebits.com/app/3214,
              could that be added to svn?)
    NFS
    SMB
    FTP (looks like one has been written for this too)

Finish OpenGL add-on framework

OpenGL software renderer
    Adopt the software renderer to the new GL add-on API and update
mesa

"DVB framework"
    Media add-ons and TV viewing application.
    Most of Europe and many other places as well are switching to DVB,
    the analog broadcasts are being shut down. Go for DVB.
    http://www.dvb.org/graphics/internal/Adoption-Map_DVB-T.jpg
    http://www.dvb.org/graphics/internal/Adoption-Map_DVB-S_April_20.jpg
    http://www.dvb.org/graphics/internal/Adoption-Map_DVB-C_April_20.jpg

DVB drivers
    Drivers for whatever chipsets out there

High definition audio (hda) driver
    Necessary for many new computers

WLAN drivers
    Drivers for whatever chipsets out there

SATA drivers
    Drivers for whatever chipsets out there

Firewire bus manager

OHCI Firewire driver

CD/DVD burning application

Scanning application
    Maybe Sanity could be acquired

SANE port
    Or is this already up to date? In that case, could it be included?

General driver fund
    A certain amount of money for any hardware driver under MIT
   (or equivalent) license. Is this a good idea?

/Fredrik Ekdahl