[openbeos] Re: ar r[u]

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 21:39:35 +0200

On 2003-09-03 at 07:34:11 [+0200], Andrew Bachmann wrote:

> I'm going through my old emails and saw this one.  I have this to offer:
> it seems that "ar" is pretty slow on beos, especially when using "u".  I
> don't know if the person who removed the "u" was doing it to increase
> performance or if they just didn't know what the "u" was though.  I
> haven't done a test between the two myself, but I pretty much hope
> that "u" is faster. :-)

Feel free to test it and change it back, if that's not the case. :-P Unless
I miss one, all the static libraries are relatively small and are built
pretty quickly on my machine. Linking the big shared ones, like
libopenbeos, takes quite some time (especially when turning debugging on),
but that can't be helped, I'm afraid.

CU, Ingo