[haiku] Re: Windows 7

  • From: "Cyan" <cyanh256@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 10:28:31 +0100 BST

David Himelright <david.himelright@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 2:31 AM, Pier Luigi Fiorini <
> pierluigi.fiorini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I hope a multi track record for Haiku will come out, I think it can
> > be a
> > good alternative to Windows once we get the hardware support :)
> >

> I have a few thoughts on this topic, please let me know if you're
> interested in sharing some thoughts on features off-list.

I'm interested too -- I was actually on the verge of writing
something along these lines for personal use. That's currently
on-hold (while I figure out how to get the HDA driver playing and
recording simultaneously, and all 10 outputs operational), but I'm
always interested in discussing features.

I'm thinking minimal here (because anything is better than nothing).
Either linear (ADAT-style) or non-linear ("tape-clipping" editing),
the former is more attractive to me because of its easier-to-write
GUI. Multiple-outputs and MTC (master) are a must.

Pier, David -- feel free to e-mail me off-list if you want! I'd be
particularly interested hearing what your minimum set of features
is like.