[haiku] Re: Wanted to write to my floppy drive

Le mardi 12 juillet 2011 à 20:12 -0400, Sean Collins a écrit :
>   The USB flash drive kind of killed the floppy and I am more then happy
> to wave goodbye. I certainly don't miss them and the issues with dust,
> corruption, sector fialures and flat data loss. If you have something on
> a floppy, for god sakes put it on a more robust storage media like any
> type of optical disk.

Again, the problem is *not* floppies by themselves, but really what *on*
them, which can often be really valuable data (privately or
historically).
Allowing people to salvage digital history is important to me.
If you don't have floppies you aren't required to use the drivers, and
it's not something that eats a MB of disk space anyway :p

François.