[openbeos] Re: Waltercon 07

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 13:15:33 -0700

Hi Ryan,

Ryan Leavengood wrote:
I would also be willing to teach some sessions, given that we had a
good showing of conference attendees. There is just something sort of
sad about making a presentation to a room with only 5 or 6 people.
It's much more exciting and invigorating with a decent crowd.

I think potential attendees feel the same way. An event with low perceived value is, well, a lot less exciting and invigorating, as you put it, and therefore less compelling. :)

It's a bit of a chicken and egg situation, and the only possible way to come out of it is to be proactive and create value for the event and articulate it aggressively.

Cheers,

Koki