[openbeos] Re: Waltercon 07

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 15:00:09 +0200 CEST

> Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I'm proposing a fairly radical change - dropping the whole
> > "conference"
> > thing and just have a gathering. The time for conferences will
> > come.
>
> That's more or less what we have now, anyway :-)

Maybe something like hands on workshops like:
- my first driver
- my first app
- my first input method
- how to add feature {reading video, grabbing audio, handling font &
color sensitivity...} to my own app
Everyone would come with his laptop/floortop, take the sample code and
try, ask questions...

Maybe this would be of more interest to the current audience than high
level tech speech. And it's more formal than just having everyone in
the same room but not doing the same thing.

François.