[openbeos] Re: Waltercon 07

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 16:04:54 -0700

Charlie Clark wrote:
Am 30.04.2007 um 00:02 schrieb Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki):

Or expecting more bang for his buck?

Oh come on! First of all he's raring to go, then he realises he might just have shot his gob off: "I'll come report about BeGeistert/Waltercon as long as someone pays me."

So? Thom -- or anybody else for that matter -- is free to decide what to do with their time and money as they please. If you truly wanted him to attend BG, you should be treating him differently (better).

BTW, if somebody wants to pay Thom to make a trip to report news, so what? Good for him!

I don't know precisely where Thom is based but I regularly cycle to the Netherlands (the North Sea is only a (long) day's ride from here). If he'd been bothered to come to any of the BeGeisterts over the last few years he'd have had more than enough to post about.

I think you took Thom's initial expression of support for WC Europe as a lack of recognition for BG, and that bothers you. Get over it.

Cheers,

Koki