[openbeos] Re: WalterCon 2008: Change of Plans

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 18:18:33 -0400

I think WalterCon can be resurrected when Haiku has had a stable
release available for a while and has attracted more application
developer interest. Then WC can be set up as a proper tech conference
with speakers, technical talks, keynotes, BOFs, tracks, etc.

I think there will be a point when there are enough people interested
that WalterCon could be a decently sized event (100+), certainly more
than in the past. But that time may not be for another year or two.

In the meantime we have BeGeistert and tech conferences where we can
have a presence.

Ryan