[openbeos] Re: Walter, the Operating System

  • From: Fred K Ollinger <follinge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Eike Dehling <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 18:22:31 -0500 (EST)

> If it's just about the downloadable files, well, only distribute ISOs
> and put them on one of those ISO distribution networks, and so on.

I humbly suggest the openbsd method. No iso's, yet all the files are
available so you can make your own.

Just sell the isos, only, but don't stop anyone for copying them or
selling them (cheapbytes). This last part is a bit different than openbsd.

I thought that openbsd's method was most sensible for trying to get people
to buy their iso. Joe Sixpack wants to pay money for this, anyway.
Otherwise, he might not trust it. Joe Hacker will copy it no-matter what
so it should be legal (think US prohibition or current drug laws).

Fred