[haiku] Re: Wallpaper design contest

  • From: Justin Stressman <jstressman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 07:51:31 -0400

On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 7:16 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That's the only one thing I don't understand: first of all, where are the
> vector graphics gone to? WonderBrush has a vector format that Haiku can read
> (and AFAICT most of SVG can be converted to this by WonderBrush).
> And then, why this single ridiculously high resolution? Why not just
> something like "at least 1920x1080", if possible in different aspect ratios?

I totally agree about the vector graphics, but if I remember correctly
they fell by the wayside because Haiku doesn't natively support them.
So asking for a background in that format is getting the cart before
the horse so to speak.

As for the resolution on the raster entries; I think it's because not
everyone runs low resolutions or low end laptop displays. So having an
entry made at a nice high end "proof" type resolution, which shouldn't
be remotely unfamiliar, or unfeasible for any remotely serious graphic
designer, I don't think is remotely unreasonable.

Were I to enter into any kind of graphic design contest today, I
wouldn't even blink at such a requirement.

--
猿も木から落ちる