[haiku] Re: Wallpaper design contest

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 10:35:06 +0200

On 29.06.2011 19:58, Patrik Gissberg wrote:
Haiku Wallpaper design contest

General rules
- The wallpaper size must be 1920x1080.
- By submitting a wallpaper to the contest, you allow Haiku to
distribute the wallpaper under the MIT license.
- The author will obtain the copyright.
- More than one wallpaper can be submitted to the contest.
- At least one work sample must be included to prove the wallpapers
authenticity.
- The wallpaper must look good in aspects ratios from 4:3 to 16:9
(clipped, not stretched).
- The deadline is 2011-XX-XX 24:00 UTC+0.

Graphic categories

Bitmap
- The wallpaper may contain vector and bitmap graphics.
- The wallpaper must be submitted in an uncompressed format.

Vector
- The wallpaper may only contain vector graphics.
- The wallpaper must be submitted as a svg file.

Contest categories
- Best bitmap.
- Best vector.
- Users choice.
- Haiku's choice (will be the default wallpaper for Haiku).

Submitting wallpapers
Send one email per wallpaper to address@xxxxxxxxxxx, and include;
- The wallpaper attached (do not archive it).
- Work sample(s) attached.
- Name of wallpaper.
- Authors name.

Comments?

These rules look too complicated to me.

 * Skip the distinction between vector and bitmap formats.
* Change the requirement about resultions to say that the artwork must be *available* in all resolutions (after being picked in the contest), not when submitting the artwork. Submitting may rather be done at a size suitable for displaying in the contest web page. Like 800x600 or even smaller. * Remove the requirement about work sample and replace that with a requirement that the submitter needs to either hold the copyright, or have the license to supply this artwork for use in Haiku. It may or may not be a good additional requirement that the particular artwork has not yet been used for another purpose. For example: I would submit foto artwork which my mom created, and to which she gave me the exclusive right to include it in Haiku.

Best regards,
-Stephan