[haiku] Re: Wallpaper design contest

  • From: Matthew Veety <mveety@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 17:24:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011, Patrik Gissberg wrote:

  I've investigated some and came to the conclusion that WQSXGA (3200x2048)
  could be the best resolution. The ratio is 25:16, which is in between
  4:3 and 16:9.
3:2 is even better.
See http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5976153/display_proportions_2.png

Well, if it just a sample provided by the artist then resolution shouldn't matter as much as long as it's big enough. Really we shouldn't discuss this as much until we have some winners.

Also has anyone thought about a site where artists can upload haiku-specific backgrounds? Possibly one where the non-winners get their stuff posted?

Matthew Veety