[haiku] Re: Wallpaper design contest

  • From: Matthew Veety <mveety@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 08:41:19 -0400

On Jun 29, 2011 8:33 AM, "Patrik Gissberg" <patrik@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>  Instead of multiple resolutions, you could ask for extremely large
>>  resolution images in both standard and widescreen formats.
>

> Do we want to include two copies of each wallpaper (one for 4:3 and one
for 16:9)? What are the advantages/disadvantages?

> Patrik

The issue if you don't make the image for 16:9 then it will look streched
and distorted when put on a screen of that ratio. Same goes for 4:3. The
idea behind it is you could have the two very large images and cover most
resolutions because images usually scale down well, hence fewer files. The
disadvantages is size and still not being able to cover resolutions larger
than the image.

Matthew Veety