[openbeos] Re: Wall Street Journal article on OBOS

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 20:06:02 -0500

Hi, all!

This article was puiblished today in the NY Metro version of the Wall Street
Journal.
It is *NOT* in the version that goes outside of NY city. I have a few copies
being sent to me, but if someone lives in NYC, email me. ;-)

I spent several hours talking to Nick - he is a really good guy and I thought
that the article was really well done. I am a little ... scared... about the
August date - I wasn't quite as firm as the article implies - I said that it
would be *NICE* and that I *HOPED* we could. I think that he wrote it up a
little more like a statement of fact than I would have hoped. But not too much
so. If that is the worst misquote that I ever get, well, I am in good shape.

I do have to point out that, technically, it is an infringement of copyright to
post this to the mailing list or to the web site. I certainly don't say that to
slap Zenja (or anyone else) down, but to prevent anyone from possibly having
legal issues with WSJ at some point in the future. I want to get permission
from them to put it on our website, but I haven't been able to do so, yet. When
I do, I will post the text (which Nick sent me a copy of just after it went out
on the newswire).

Hope you enjoyed the article!