[haiku] Re: VMW tools as (optional) package

  • From: Vincent DUVERT <vincent.duvert@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 22:03:51 +0100

Le 1 févr. 09 à 21:49, François Revol a écrit :
 - Haiku is receiving data from the (virtual) PS2 or USB mouse and
the VMW mouse at the same time, so the cursors flashes (and dragging
does not work very well).
Disabling the "mouse" add-on is not an option, since the buttons
status is not sent by VMWare...
I guess that I could write an input_server filter to make it ignore
the "mouse moved" events from the USB mouse, but this is going
complicated...

Or just instead overrides the mouse moves from the mouse addon with the
absolute coordinates.
Probably a good idea...
How does filters work exactly ?
When receiving a B_MOUSE_MOVED BMessage, can I just change its contains and return B_DISPATCH_MESSAGE, or do I have to create and send a new BMessage ?

Vincent