[haiku] Re: User Guide (Translation) Site

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 22:55:16 -0500

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 3:44 PM, Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> http://www.haikuzone.net/haikuguide/welcome

It looks quite nice!

> So far so cool, now here's the problem:
> At the moment the HTML export function of this translation-aware
> Drupal seems to be broken and only outputs zero-sized files. That
> means that the documents aren't easily transferred to our SVN to be
> packaged with our images.
> This would pretty much be a knock-out for this solution, if there
> isn't a developer who either fixes Drupal's export feature or codes a
> script that checks out the data right from Drupal's mysql database to
> build HTML files manually.
> Is there anyone interested?

I could probably help with this. I am by no means a master PHP
developer, but I can make my way around it. I already browsed through
the source of HTML Export and I bet the problem is related to the
extensive use of str_replace, which can have problems with encodings
sometimes. Let me know how you want to move forward on me debugging
and fixing this. The module is quite simple so I don't think I'll have
much trouble, even though I don't know the Drupal API at all.

Regards,
Ryan