[openbeos] Re: Updating OSes bit by bit

  • From: Plüss Roland <rptd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 13:39:14 +0200

ok... programming paradigms are not to be mixed with language paradigms, that's right. c++ is just not really OO, it's a cramp. it has adopted principles of OO but stayed to it's c roots. nothing wrong with that but doing things in c++ requires a heck load of discipline of ya or you mess it up like hell.

haven't said that beos does not use something else than c++ but as far as i've seen this (correct me if i'm wrong) the system related things and many servers in beos are written in c++.

and yes, many problems in windows with instability and crashes occur due to faulty drivers or 3d-party apps that sux. especially on pre-installed systems a heck load of crap-ware is installed which is a pain sometimes... especially as soon as you try 'working' with your system in terms of extending it and modifying it heavily.

oha... win 98 se versus win xp. well... i've had a couple of windows now but somehow i did not see much difference there. i'm just happy to have past me the dark age of windows... LOL

anyways... that mini distro sounds nice. as long as i can completly fumble it over if i want to it's all right ^_^

Roland