[openbeos] Re: Updating OSes bit by bit

  • From: Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 12:14:58 -0400

OK - so, boiling this whole thread down, the original intent is:
"Windows requires each user to download huge upgrades and won't allow them to
save them to disk/CD for later. OBOS should have smaller updates and should
allow people to save them for later. Here is an article on Windows updates as
an example of what NOT to do (link here)."

This is a good suggestion. It would be a better fit, though, on the GE list.
And, as a teaser, I will just note that we have a forum on the new website for
stuff like this. :-)

Michael