From: openbeos-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:openbeos-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jorge G. Mare
(a.k.a. Koki)
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 9:06 PM
To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [openbeos] Re: Understanding PKG

Hi,

v.ramshankar@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Also if some one wants to tackle the trickier archive translator for
tar, zip,
>> 7z, rar, multi-part-mime etc ...
>>

> There was already a Japanese developer who had started with archive
translator
> and it is open source, the file name of the source zip is called
> "BMessageArchiveTranslator20DR2Src.zip".
>
> I can try and do some archive translators, I've been thinking about it
but
> haven't got much time for this yet :(

You are correct. To be more precise, the developer is SHINTA, and the
files can be found here:

http://www.geocities.jp/shinta_0806/be/Limited.htm?DL=BMessageArchiveTra
nslator20DR2Src.zip

There is also an Archive Translator Programming Guide, which you can
find here:

http://www.jpbe.net/at-guide/

It is in Japanese, but I am sure the Google language tools can give you
a rough idea of what it is about:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jpbe.net%2Fat-g
uide%2F&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

Enjoy!

Koki